Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Anderson Underground, II

The second issue of the Anderson Underground is finally up! As our sophomore attempt, I was a little nervous, and this issue has half the number of articles as the first - but only two fewer pages - but still I think there are some good things in there. I'm just glad we got through the second issue. Take two is always the hardest. I have high hopes for our Febraury issue too. It's got a theme.

On another note, I got everything uploaded for my free NaNo novel! I'm excited. It looks great, and it should be here within the next month, if not sooner. I expect it's going to take a while because I got it in the day before the deadline, which is when I'm sure they had a big rush.

There's someone taking pictures in the computer lab. It's distracting.

I'm doing terribly on my writing goals. I've already missed two days, I think, of my 300 words, if not three days. And most of the days are me complaining about how I have nothing to write. I'm supposed to write 2 short stories this month, and I haven't written 1,000 words of one yet.

Still, things are going all right. I hit the beginning of the second semester with as much craziness as there was at the end of last semester - so I don't even want to think of what the end of this semester is going to look like! Still, being busy is better than being idle, I guess.

Great little gadget: the Gender Genie. It'll tell if your writing is masculine or feminine. The two things I've tried it on so far were both masculine, which amuses me.

No comments: