Friday, June 08, 2007

Beautiful Day

I've been learning a little more about trust recently, or at least, about trusting God. I've learned a lot about that in the past year or so, but a lot of it's been learning to trust God that He'll get me through the bad stuff to the good stuff or that the difficult stuff serves a purpose or that even if I don't feel Him, He's there and supporting me. The thing I've been forgetting though, is that God and I have very different ideas of "the end." You know when you'll come against something difficult, a set back, and you think, Hey, that's ok. It'll all work out in the end. But I already have a version in my mind of what constitutes a good ending. And God's reminding me, more insistently, that yes, He's got the best plans ready for me. But they're probably not at all what I think they are. I just need to trust that they're better. : )

No comments: