Tuesday, June 05, 2007

How to listen to U2 on a broken shuffle

My iPod wasn't working today. I have a shuffle, so it won't even tell me what's wrong. I ran errands and such today, walking of course, and my iPod stopped working after a while. So when I started walking back and, in frustration, did what I do to technology that's trying to revolt - I shook it. And that worked! Amazing.

Today was a positively beautiful day.

I didn't write again on Whatever You Ask yesterday after I posted. Because I'm lazy. Today I wrote 1200 words, though, so I made up for it, I think. Finished Act I. Act II will be difficult, getting those complications rolling, but hopefully once started it will go along, er, smoothly.

I caught an episode of On the Lot finally. I'd only heard things before tonight, mostly that it wasn't really very filmmaker realistic. Tonight they showcased 5 of 15 after they had five days to write, shoot, and edit their own shorts. They weren't too bad. Better than I could do in five days. My favourite one, for anyone who saw it, was the baker musical. But seriously, my first thought was, Oh my gosh Carrie Fisher looks so old!

I met her once, you know. Got to shake her hand. Stood in line three hours to do so, but I was star struck like I said I never would be.

I'm trying to get into Zoetrope, Francis Ford Coppola's writing community. You review others' scripts so that they'll review yours. I just don't know. From the batch they sent me, none of the loglines are that appealing, and the one I'm reading now is, well, not slow going, but not engaging either.

Finished watching Sideways. It didn't necessarily redeem itself after I picked it up again, but the story definitely improved. If it could have held that tone and style throughout the entire film, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

I got my paperwork for my camp job sent off today. It's not that I'm not doing things here, I'm working and writing and spending time with friends and family. I just have too much time. Things would be easier with a license. I really should work on that...

Did I mention that it was a gorgeous day?

No comments: