Friday, June 08, 2007

Time in the Joint

"So what's a pretty girl like you doing in a joint like this?"

Now, I know my temp job sucks, but I didn't think it was all that bad. Some people who stop by are really friendly. I was stocking stuff the other day, and a man comes down the aisle and says, "I just wanted to say hi!" I say, "Well, hi!" and as he walks off, I mouth, Who the crap is that. Some of the friendliest people. And a really cool old Scottish guy who will up open like a sweetheart if you get him to talk.

Have I mentioned how much I love Mat Kearney? He's pretty much amazing.

I broke 8,000 words tonight on Whatever You Ask. I'm ahead of the game if I had the whole month, but there's the whole trying to finish before May 14th thing. I've managed to mentally plot more of Act II out, though, which is helpful. Act II isn't so much of a hassle to write if you do have a midpoint that you're trying to build the story too. Then it's not just about complications. It's about plot and development and all that sort of good stuff.

I'm just thinking about a lot of stuff, really. And it's not really about writing, but it's coming out in my writing. That's sorta cool.

No comments: