Saturday, March 06, 2004

Maniac

He says the President, I'm thinking maybe it's him. Okay, first of all, I don't really listen to talk radio, so I don't know anything about Stern. But from reading the article I was struck by a flaw in his purpose. He says, "I'm about to be served up my head on a platter because all I wanted to do was make people laugh." You want to make people laugh about politics? Sure, there's a time for that, but it also sounds like he wants people to take him very seriously. So which is more important, making people laugh or dedicating yourself to the truth (or what he thinks is truth) behind politics. And if it's the former, how much will he twist the latter to get his precious laughs?

People whose goal in life are to make others laugh are not bad people, but you'd better know them well, or they might become careless with topics, issues, and the truth just to make you laugh.

No comments: