Monday, April 17, 2006

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall

I'm getting more and more frustrated with the world's concept of beauty. I read on a friend of a friend's blog the other day about wishing for a day when her worth wasn't determined by a mirror and a scale. I started wondering if I ever really would have a day when those things didn't play a factor. We have fat days, bad hair days, breakout days, pretty days, drop dead gorgeous days, and that sets the whole mood of the day - which is fine when it's a good day. It gets worse when we start comparing ourselves to each other. The prettier person is obviously the better person. It'll never end; it's really awful. No matter how pretty I make myself, I never be the prettiest. Why do we put our worth in something that will always make us feel worthless?

I can see myself going on for a while; it's been bothering me recently. Unfortunately, I need to return to my papers. I'm running out of ways to procrastinate.

No comments: