Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If I were Dorothy...

I'm back. Back to the land of normalcy, of things we take for granted like cell phone service and clean showers and air conditioning. It was a long, difficult summer, but in the end I think God accomplished a lot, and that's what matters. However, it will be nice to take a break from being that princess treading water. ; )

So don't judge me yet. But I'm going go to see the Star Wars Clone movies. It's only because it's free and it's quality time with my brothers. Hayden Christensen isn't even really in it...

It's hot. I can't really focus or think all that straight. I'm trying to get back into the swing of writing. Or at least in the writing mindset. I didn't write at all during camp proper, and the time I did spend writing during precamp totaled about 45 minutes. I looked through some of my screenplay files today. There are actually a couple of ideas that I really like. I wrote down a couple of goals I have for this upcoming semester. It's a bit difficult to get back into writing after not having written for two months. I think that most of my confidence comes from writing, so I feel like a lot of it has been sapped away. Every time I sit down to write there's an underlying sense of panic anyway. The longer I spend away from writing the worse it gets. Oh well. Baby steps back into the writing lifestyle. My uni town has a much better writing atmosphere anyway. And a class to help motivate me.

I've been listening to a few of Coldplay's new songs. Amazing, as always.

No comments: