Friday, July 09, 2004

Summer Reading, II

Yesterday I finished Mark Twain's The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. An enjoyable book, though some times the visions of my imaginations where influenced by flashes from the educational show Wishbone (isn't it a pity how most of the educational shows I used to watch and love aren't on anymore? Actually, a lot of kids watched Wishbone. It was a good show.). My boyfriend said Mark Twain is hilarious. While I wouldn't use hilarious to describe Tom Sawyer (perhaps that is because of my personal definition of hilarious. To say it is hilaroius is to say that the reader should be cracking up once or twice every chapter), there are still very funny parts. The afterword said, though, that often The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is praised more then Tom Sawyer, so one day I might perhaps read Huck Finn. However, now it is on to Dune Messiah, if I can get to the library before Sunday.

No comments: