Wednesday, February 01, 2006

So long, January

February 1st. I am not, in general, opposed to the first of the month. Typically I rather like it. It means I'm getting closer to whatever it is that I'm looking forward to at the moment. However, this time, the first of the month is for review, and the review is a little disappointing.

First, the good stuff. I'm keeping up with my weekly goals, that will, I hope, turn into long term goals. However, I think it's best if I start out with them as being small term goals. For instance, this week I'm not drinking soda. It's terrible. There's nothing that I want more right now (well, I can think of one thing...). I may have to modify it so that I can have soda on the weekends or when I go out of something. Water's so boring. But this is good for me, I keep telling myself. I've also gotten to my 10:00 class before the prof every time this week (hey, it's all the way over in Decker. Sometimes I'm a little late), and I'm staying on track with my workout "plan."

Now the disappointing news. Not only did I not keep up with writing 300 words a day (I'm going to blame that break down on Kenny), but I didn't even get close to writing two short stories. As I result, I am now two short stories in the red. Which means I will have to make them up later. However, the focus for this month is going to be the screenplay that was inspired by one of the shows we recently performed here on campus. I have all my screenplay ideas, so I'm hoping that this will go a little quicker. It's not going to be an easy thing to write, though.

I didn't even write a poem last month. I'm a bad person.

But this month I'll be better.

No comments: