Sunday, May 28, 2006

Funny way life is.

I've been hanging out recently with the other three au pairs in my host family's school. They've been lots of fun, and I feel like I'll have some solid friendships eventually. It's funny how our common bond of being au pairs has brought us together. We were riding the train back from Portsmouth today, and we were talking to these guys and one of them asked us what we were in England for (since we obviously aren't natives). We said that we were au pairs, and he gave us a blank look and asked us what an au pair was. A couple of the other guys were like, "It's a baby-sitter, man." Katie and I simulaneously said with great indignation, "We are NOT babysitters."

And that's how a girl from America, a girl from South Africa, a girl from Austria, and a girl from France all ended up riding the train together in England, coming home after a very good time casuing general havoc in the neighborhood.

No comments: