Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Transition

It's quarter to 2 on Monday/Tuesday, and I'm sitting in my bed in my dark room listening to music and typing on my nifty laptop. I've wasted the whole night - not a bad thing, necessarily. I think I needed it. The last two weeks have been crazy, almost unbelievable at times. I finally bought my tickets to England today (PS, I didn't lie in that previous post, Jeremiah, because it was in the present tense. I did mean to buy my tickets that day). The realization of being in England by myself for six months is sinking in more and more. These next seven days are going to be these awkward transition days, full of missing Anderson and anticipating England. I'll be unpacking and repacking, visiting old high school friends and calling college friends to talk for one last time, going to doctors, buying movies I need to take with me, and playing nintendo with my brothers. I'm scared, I'm tired, I'm exhilarated, I'm trying to find some ground in the instability I'm facing. Everything in my life relates back to a song. There are so many running through my head, but Ben Folds' got one of my good bye songs, even though it wasn't written as that. I don't have enough hellos in my life.

"There will always be a part of me nobody else is ever gonna see but you and me."

No comments: