Sunday, March 04, 2007

Today's a good day for waxing philosophical

Today I realized that I had about 30 comments hanging out waiting to be "moderated" that I never knew I had. So for everyone who's ever written something back to me on this blog in the past year or so 1) don't be offended that I never mentioned it to you and 2) thank you so much! I didn't know that people read this or cared too much (the more I think people don't read it, the more I write a little too honestly), but it was really cool to go back and read everything people have written to me.

So I went back and re read the last two years or so of my posts. It's crazy. This is one reason why I love writing, love having this record of my life. Half those things I wrote about, I wouldn't even remember if I hadn't spent twenty minutes writing them down. C.S. Lewis thought that journals are a waste of time, and while I can understand meticulous documenting of your life as being perhaps a little extreme, I treasure everything I've written. Not because it's genius or because I was "right" about some philosophy or because I was especially clever, but because it's my life. Maybe only a few freeze frames, but I'm lucky to have them.

I have so much on my mind. I have so much to think about. It's no good talking aloud to myself. Where's my pen...

No comments: