Saturday, January 05, 2008

I ain't no chemist, but at least I know water expands when it freezes.

Today I was out with a friend looking for party streamers at Walgreens. Walgreens failed us for streamers, but as we were walking towards the door, my eyes were blessed to fall on a new and exciting item.

EXTRA LONG TWIZZLERS.

On any normal night, this would be cause for celebration in itself. But tonight it was better. Tonight was movie night, and movie night is at its best when you can have Sprite with Twizzler straws. However, when I got home and it was movie time, something strange happened, something that's never happened before. When I put my Twizzler in my Sprite, it suddenly fizzled up and near exploded like a volcano. Granted, the damage was much worse than it could have been, but I was so befuddled. Never before had my Twizzler straws and Sprite created such a chemical reaction. Perhaps there is some strange new ingredient in the extra long Twizzlers.

While we're on the subject of edible things, I'd like to mention that change for the sake of change is not always good. I know mint toothpaste has been around for a while. However, that doesn't mean we need to be go making up all sorts of absurd flavors. I had a vanilla mint flavored toothpaste when I was at my parents' house. It tasted like cheap vanilla icing, without the satisfaction of a cake.

2 comments:

Just Mike said...

I swear sometimes I feel like I'm reading something from Seinfeld. Hilarious.

Any chance of swinging by the 'Nati on your way back to the Great Midwest?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Caprimy, but I love my apricot toothpaste... it's so hard to have breakfast after filling my mouth with mint, but after apricot, well, that's fine with me. Plus, mint on a cold morning is double cold, but apricot has no inherent temperature.