Sunday, February 24, 2008

He'll Spring Break Your Legs.

Reporting from enemy territory. I'm enjoying a cup of tea, throwing furtive looks around the Panera as my college bag branding me as someone who should be stoned is stuffed safely in the corner of my booth (it's an engineering bag anyway; I got it from work. And yes, I feel like such a poser, and I'm proud of it, in a stick it to the man sort of way). Part of me wants to flaunt my college football affiliation, but I feel like the fact that I saw someone wearing a hat for the opposition made me feel like starting a fight is a sign that I should keep all this on the DL.

I never cared about college rivalries before I transfered.

My nightmare bus ride finally ended last night, about twelve hours after I initially arrived at my departing station. I almost got stranded overnight at afore mentioned scary transfer city, and our driver actually drove past our destination city before getting on the PA system and asking if anyone knew how to get to the bus station because he had faulty directions. Oh geez.

I saw Definitely Maybe last night, which Billy Mernit talks about here. I liked Billy's post, that included questions with the writer/director, but as for the movie... It was enjoyable, and I'd recommend it if you're looking for a good rom com. I didn't laugh as loud or hard as I have in other movies I've seen recently, and I think that I found it unbelievable that the male protagonist could sustain such intense feelings for all three female leads in the given timeline. Maybe that's just me, though. I feel like every movie I see now a days makes me want to cry, no matter how cheesy it is. The trip to the movie theatre also included a picture with Patrick Dempsey advertising for his upcoming movie Made of Honor. Which is, incidentally, a movie that I will gauge my eyes out before seeing. Ok, that's probably not true, but I will protest loudly and fervently on principle if such occasion arises.

I don't get to watch the Oscars tonight. My friend and I thought about TiVoing it and throwing an Oscar party after break (ok, well, really that was all my scheme. He just wanted an excuse to throw a party). I even just bought a great sparkly dress that would have been perfect for the occasion. Oh well, I don't have a good track record with the Oscars. I think I used them as an excuse to get out of something last year, and then fell asleep before all the major awards were announced.

No comments: