Tuesday, March 16, 2010

1 out of 4 ain't bad

I need a bigger desk. I need a desk like Megadesk from the Office. Only without all the paper and printing sales stuff.

Also, my desk chair is broken. It was already pretty crappy to begin with, but now the seat is nearly detached from the base. One screw keeps it in place. One out of four. So the seat swings around all the time and gets unbalanced and sometimes I almost fall off. It's ok. It's a reason to go to IKEA and run around pretending I have a house with two kitchens.

I finished restructuring Keys to the Garden. It still seems completely lopsided, but I don't think I was as detailed with the new beats as I was with the old, so notecarding did not give an accurate portrayal of act breakdowns. I guess I'll just have to write it and see. This is the messy part, but I'll be relieved to actually get to some WRITING in this rewriting process.

I updated my calender of competitions yesterday. Man, are there a lot. I also printed out my Bones spec, but I'm trying to think of another spec to write for competition season. Too many projects. Keys to the Garden, rom com, TV pilot, Bones Spec, secret writing project, doodling novel idea. Someone once gave the advice to always be working on more than one project at once. You'll be more productive. If you have to choose between writing and doing nothing, you'll do nothing. But if you have to choose between writing one project or another, you'll at least get something done.

My dream job opened up. They put out job postings for HBO's Game of Thrones. In Ireland. Stupid work visas (and general lack of experience). I'm applying anyway.

No comments: