Monday, February 09, 2004

Your Friendly Neighborhood New Yorkers

Who said people in New York aren't friendly? I was in East Harlem on Sunday, and I stopped by McDonald's for breakfast. The guy sitting next to me started talking about Bush and Saddam and on and on and I made the mistake of wondering if he was talking to me and made eye contact with him. He talked to me about fifteen minutes straight, ranging from politics to how I should go into biology to make lots of money and how he was going to get millions in a little while. I hardly had to say anything, just smile and nod. Eventually I had to interrupt, I had to leave, and he was very polite and said it was nice talking to me, and I said the same, and vowed never to stay and eat at that McDonald's again. Friendly, yes. A little scary, that's true too.

No comments: