Friday, July 02, 2010

Let me tell you something

Looking for jobs sucks. It sucks. I have been working on it, and it sucks. I can't even remember to make sure my resume is in pdf format so that formatting doesn't go all weird when I email it. Hellllo, newbie.

Ugh.

I'm not worrying about it this weekend, though, because everyone's offices are closed for the three day weekend. (Great timing, Amy.)

I'm going to try to write this weekend, but I've had a crisis of faith. And so rarely does someone else get that whole writing thing about me, that I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. My attention span is near zero. I feel that writing, when I actually get it done, is no more productive than spinning around on a hamster wheel. The Infinite Draft.

That being said, I'm going to spend some time this weekend writing. I'll go to my favourite cafe where I'd go on writing benders the day of a deadline during undergrad. And I'm going to work on my resume and try to figure out some new places to look for jobs. Because the only way to get out of a rut is to keep going. And what else am I going to do? Stop?

Yeah, right.

No comments: