Friday, September 10, 2010

"You accidentally called me baby"

If you're interested in selling original spec scripts, take a minute to read this article by Nikki Finke.

If you're looking for some good new music, check out "What I'm Looking For" by Brendan Benson. It reminds me a lot of "My Hands are Shaking" by Sondre Lerche. [That was two for one, people.]

I've been trying to put more time into prewriting for my next couple of projects. Or, as HW Guy likes to say, I open up a Celtx document, punch in a few sentences into my outline, and call it writing. But I try to ignore his devil's advocate stance [which is really, just my stance. I'm much more of a write it then revise it writer. Or a binge writer, as an old professor called me] because today I scrapped nearly all an outline for a pilot. It's much better to scrap a couple of sentences than fifteen pages.

I taped an index card with the titles of all my current projects up next to my lightswitch in my bedroom. Just so that I can increase my guilt on nonproductive days.

No comments: