Tuesday, June 06, 2006

In my first real home that isn't a studio apartment, I am going to have an amazing room. It's going to be a library. It's going to be a rectangular room with floor to ceiling bookshelves on the long walls. Wooden bookshelves, dark red wood. And the floor will be dark hard wood, too, with a rug in the center and a sofa and an armchair and a few end tables with lamps. The two short walls will be windows, and I will have skylights so that there is always sunshine to create gild the shelved wisdom. The windows will have window seats, except for one, which will have my desk. And I will always be able to go there and smell books and leather and mothballs and the spring air and the sunshine and the warm wood. And I will always be able to write. My library will always be full of love or devestatingly empty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I have seen this before... oh yes, on Beauty and the Beast.

haha, hope you are having a blast.