Monday, June 05, 2006

So, a brief update on my life. I'm having a great time in England. The other au pairs and I have a lot out fun in our time off, but work time isn't too bad either, though sometimes the hours are long. I had a fun day with Josiah today, and we're planning on taking a train ride to see the old sailboats in Portsmouth sometime this week, and he's very excited about it. He was asking me about it every 5 minutes today.

Post-England. I have a long list of about 10 universities I'm considering. I think I'll narrow that down to at least 7 or 8 before I do any real applying. I'm going to have to start looking for independent scholarships, too, because a lot of them aren't that cheap. I hate indepent scholarship research. As for a job when I get back, I got this idea from Katie, the au pair from South Africa, and it's really sticking with me. I'm going to look into being a flight attendent. I think it would be a lot more fun than some dull retail or waitressing job. I'm going to start looking at companies now, so that maybe by the time I get home I can get all my applying done before the holidays, or at least before Christmas. So watch out. I may be popping up in random places all the time. It'd made it awful nice for visiting people, because the ones with seniority won't want to go to the places that I will. Who really wants to fly to Indy and Detriot?

No comments: