Friday, October 13, 2006

I experienced my own personal version of hell today.

Hell is not made up, as some theologians might think, of darkness, hellfire, and flesh eating worms. Oh no. It's much worse than that. I had a revelation today that really, hell is made up of thousands upon thousands of wet lawns that "must" be cut. Torture worthy of Greek and Roman gods.

I had five cups of tea yesterday. Five. I am officially coming back from England a tea drinker.

Speaking of coming back from England... Elodie and Nadine came over today and we mapped out the next couple of weeks, where we were going and when and my good bye dinner party. My what? I'm leaving? I didn't have a good bye party when I was in America, so it's going to be really sad, I think. There's not enough time. There's too much time.

Once a month on the second Thursday, a church in Emsworth throws a kids event called Messy Church. It just started up again for school time, and we've gone the past couple of months with the children. Yesterday, the fantastic simplicity of a children's praise song struck me, for the second time in a row. We should sing kid's songs more often.

If I were a butterfly, I'd thank you, Lord, for giving me wings;
And if I were a robin in a tree, I'd thank you Lord, that I could sing;
And if I were a fish in the sea, I'd wiggle my tail and I'd giggle
with glee;
But I just Thank You Father, for making me - ME!

Chorus
'Cause you gave me a heart and
You gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus, and
You made me His Child
And I just Thank You, Father
Foe making me - ME!

If I were an elephant, I'd thank you, Lord, by raising my trunk;
And if I were a kangaroo, I'd hop, hop, hop, right up to you;
And if I were an octopus, I'd thank you, Lord, for my good looks;
But I just Thank You, Father, for making me - ME!

If I were a wiggly worm, I'd thank you, Lord, that I could squirm;
And if I were a crocodile, I'd thank you, Lord, for my big smile;
And if I were a fuzzy wuzzy bear, I'd thank you, Lord, for my
fuzzy, wuzzy hair;
But I just Thank You, Father, for making me - ME!

'Cause you gave me a heart and
You gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus, and
You made me His Child
And I just Thank You, Father
Foe making me - ME!

No comments: