Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sometimes, I wish my nickname was Turtle. But Leila's cool too.

I am so hyper right now. Too bad it's 10:30.

Today I sat down and wrote about 7 pages of a treatment for a script that's been bouncing around in my head for the past couple of months. It's a great feeling when everything works together. I'm about halfway through the treatment, then I'm going to send it to my best friends and see what they think. And I'm totally conning them into helping me by naming characters after them. Well, technically, it's because they ARE them. Art, life, one of them is supposed to imitate the other, I think. I'm slightly worried about my writing right now, though, because NaNo is coming up, and the other day I realized that for the past several months, I haven't written any fiction. It's been strictly scriptwriting. They are completely different, and I'm a little worried I won't be able to sustain a piece of fiction of length. And being in England and trying to write a NaNo that's good and working out my future and trying to work on my scripts at the same time... we'll see.

I'm coming home in four and a half weeks!

The sunsets in England are amazing. Three nights in a row they've been breath taking. I don't remember seeing sunsets like this in America. Maybe I just haven't been looking. Dusk is my new favourite time of day, especially to go for walks and think.

Hmmm, thinking.

Please pray for my upcoming decisions. I'm totally procrastinating on getting a job (or jobs) for when I get back. I should start hearing from colleges and some scholarships soon. Just pray that God makes it really really really obvious what He wants me to do. I know what I want to do and I know what will probably end up happening, but I want to make sure that I do what He wants. I'm scared that I'll just have to make a blind choice, and that God will show me *afterwards* that I made the one He wanted. I want to know before I do it. And I hate this waiting.

I wish I had more Dave Matthews music.

No comments: