Saturday, April 07, 2007

I Like NL Study Night, but It's a Myth

We're really just kids still.

Where I work, it's an office with a bunch of nice, older ladies. And I feel awkward there sometimes, because I don't know how to relate to some of them. Like they don't relate to me the way they do to the other women in the office. I don't know if it's because I'm a temp and I'm still learning or if it's because I'm young.

I found out one of my friends from Anderson just got engaged. It's cool; I'm happy for her. I realized that almost everyone I know who is still with the person they were dating freshman/early sophomore year, is either engaged or married. And then this weekend my two best friends were talking about their plans about engagement and marriage. And they're going to be seniors next year. College is almost over, what?

Sometimes I feel like we're just pretending to be grown up. Like, we still get excited about sleep overs (though my friends say we'll still have them, we'll just talk about different stuff). There are still times when I'm like, gee, I just want my Dad to handle this. I don't know. Maybe it goes back to the fact that I have no idea what's going on. I'm still learning about life. I can't even pretend that I have it together, like those grown ups do.

I like sleepovers and twizzler straw Sprite movie nights with my friends, staying up until 400 am, singing camp songs, standing up for 30 hours, listening to sappy songs and thinking maybe movies can change your life, figuring out life, love, the universe, everything.

I played MASH the other night. Haven't done that since high school. It was fun. I'm 21 years old, and I'm ok with acting like it. Which means I'm a little bit grown up. But not quite all the way. : )

No comments: