Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tide To-Go Stain Stick is a Gift from Heaven.

We wrapped principle shooting this weekend on Sunday. Only afterwards did I wake up in the middle of the night, anxious I was supposed to be somewhere filming. That was 4 AM in the morning, and I was conscious enough to realize that 1. I was probably probably sleeping and we probably don't need to shoot at 4 AM, and 2. even if we had to shoot I didn't have the equipment anyway! This morning I woke up thinking about filming, too. Let's hope tonight it finally sinks in that we're done.

It went ok.

I haven't watched the footage yet, so we'll see if we need to do pickups at all.

Our screenplays for screenwriting class are due tomorrow. Guess who hasn't started writing their third act yet. Me. But, I do plan on starting tonight, so it'll be no big deal. Hm. This third act is going to be tricky, because it's just a lot of people talking. But then again, lots of movies are just a bunch of people talking. I think reading the script of Garden State helped, especially the plot line about Large and his dad. Because that's really where Large's conflict lies - his father represents his internal conflict about how he lives his life. And when he can confront his father and reject his drug-numbed way of life, that's when he's conquered the conflict, that's when he's transformed. And you know that moment happens when he talks to his dad about it. Ergo, talking with not kill your script.

Just be clever.

I'm developing a rhythm. I started my Script Frenzy screenplay last week. I finished writing for the day just over 5 pages. However, I decided that I wanted to take it in a different direction. So I sat down yesterday and started again, with the same opening image. After a few hours I had finished my opening sequence and hit the pagination key. It ended just over 5 pages, almost to the line the same length as my previous opening sequence. Am I learning something - or was that just dumb luck?

I just watched a new episode of Scrubs. Carla is by far the most interesting and complex character.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a dream just like that the other day. Suddenly I had to write a nonexistent paper for a 9am class. I think we're working too hard.