Saturday, June 19, 2010

Shrinking

I have a bazillion things to do. All I really want to do is watch the World Cup. All. Day. Long. So when Firefighter Friend asked me what I wanted to do last night, instead of thinking up something new and adventurous, I said, "Well, I'm staying home and watching the England game I DVRed. You can join me if you'd like." And he did, which I think was rather sweet considering he doesn't really care for soccer.

We only watched the first half because I already knew how it ended and it wasn't a very dramatic game anyway. I'm a little frustrated by the fact that every game the US and England has played has been a draw (though we didn't lack for drama in our game against Slovenia). There needs to be more soul crushing. Done by us, of course.

And now, this trailer I have been waiting months to see --



Conviction filmed during my senior year. A lot of it filmed on campus, and a couple of my friends sighted Hilary Swank frequenting our local restaurants. Pamela Gray came and spoke to the master class, which was a pure delight.

I'm really excited about this film because 1. I think it's going to be a great story, 2. I'm excited about seeing places I know in it, and 3. this is one of the first films that came to Michigan because of the tax breaks. Not the very first, but it was one of the early ones and it seemed to have a very large presence. Maybe it's because a lot of it was filmed in Ann Arbor or because they employed a lot of Michigan locals as extras, but I feel like Conviction was one of the films that heralded good news for the film industry in Michigan.

Which I hope will result in good news for me.

No comments: