Friday, September 15, 2006

I had a great idea yesterday, for that one person who knows what I'm talking about. I've been struggling a lot with finding the "joy of the Lord" or peace or happiness or whatever you want to call it. It just seemed to elude me. And then I realized what part of my problem was. To be happy, it's not just enough to make God the center of your life. He can be your focus, and you can not be looking towards other things for your happiness, and you can still miss it. You need to actually make Him the center of your happiness. The fact that He loves me is happiness. So because God is the center of my life and my happiness, I can be happy even when my life isn't causing any happiness. Or something like that. Not that you won't ever be sad, but it's a start, for me.

No comments: