Thursday, September 14, 2006

If you don't like a social club's rush, then don't rush it. If you're not rushing it, don't make a flatline judgement about it and hurt those that are rushing it or have rushed it. No rush is perfect, and the blame usually lies with individuals and not the rush as a whole. No person outside of rush will ever understand all of rush; they'll just never get all the information, the attitudes, the sisterhood to form a true opinion. Everyone seems to have an opinion on what should be done, and everyone seems to think that they are experts in deciding whether people's motives are sincere or whether they just have power complexes and have decided that rush is their opportunity to exploit their evil genius. Please. All this rhetoric just shows those social clubs that 1. you don't know what's going on 2. you're judgemental 3. you have a big head. And that's not good for the social club - rhetoric spewer relationship. That will drive us away. If people find worth in Rush, let them rush in peace.

To be sadly honest, nobody knows until they're in a club, any club. It wouldn't be right for me to make judgements about Alacritis or Agathos, even though I have some privately forming. I just didn't want to rush those clubs. They weren't for me. If a club isn't for you, don't rush it. But don't think you know everything about it then either. If you talk about not judging, then don't judge. I give our rushees full permission to judge us. But I don't give it to anyone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please read my message and don't hate me. this for me is going so much farther than just rush itself. it is not so surface level... I am struggling with it on different levels... anyway, I didn't intend to be judgmental... bc I agree that it is a very personal issue... there was only one part that I was struggling with- and it was the use of the certain scripture... I find this hard to deal with as I study and try to figure out what christian love is all about... let's not both be turned against each other by it, but instead, join in the search for answers... ach.