Thursday, May 10, 2007

101 Things in 1001 Days

Here's my list, in no particular order:

1. Paint a self portrait.
2. Obtain a new iPod (hmm, Christmas)
3. Ride in a Mustang
4. Give a Slice of Life at church
5. Give someone flowers for no reason
6. Break into the Big House
7. Sing karaoke
8. Write a short story for an anthology, something fun
9. Start a "scrap book" collection of my writings, rejection letters, correspondences, etc.
10. Defeat Zelda on the Wii
11. Learn to knit (and knit something)
12. Read at least one book a month and feel badly if I don't read two
13. Get a credit card
14. Attend a movie premiere
15. Hang out at the MET all by myself
16. Start keeping better track of my finances
17. Tell that secret
18. Finish reading the Narnia series
19. Send everyone in my extended family birthday cards for a year
20. Go back to AU, if only for next year's graduation
21. Buy a book of the Onion's Best Of
22. Paint at least once a month
23. Go to a Michigan basketball game
24. Visit three new cities
25. Take Lindsay out when she graduates Cederville and she has no more "rules"
26. Go sledding
27. Go to Canada with friends from Ann Arbor
28. Start the novel on our family history
29. Die my hair an unnatural color (definitely something wash out)
30. Go to the top of the Empire State Building
31. Take an art workshop/class
32. Convince at least one new person to participate in the Dance Marathon
33. Win a game of bowling for once
34. Visit a national park
35. Go to the northern peninsula of Michigan
36. Restore Classic on my computer so I can play Scarab of Ra
37. Find Dino Park Tycoon
38. Pick a list of 100 greatest movies and watch the ones I haven't seen
39. Fill up one of my prayer/spiritual journals
40. Go kite-flying at night, preferably in the snow
41. Memorize a Bible verse a month
42. Buy a plant and manage to keep it alive for the whole school year
43. Go back to HCA or alumni night at least once
44. Every time I'm with friends and see those overpriced photo booths, take pictures
43. Go to at least three balls every year
44. Send an anonymous valentine
45. Buy the second book of the Firebird series to complete my trilogy
46. See a meteor shower
47. Go to a food festival/state fair/renaissance fair (or something similar)
48. Give up something for Lent
49. Go to the top of the Bell Tower when the bells are ringing
50. Throw a surprise party
51. Take a spring break trip with friends
52. Play scratch lotto
53. Finish a novel independent of National Novel Writing Month
54. Adopt a Soldier
55. Write 2 letters a week as a habit
56. Take swing dancing lessons for at least a semester and then find a nice place to go swing dancing so I can wear that super cute dress Aunt Pat bought for me yesterday
57. Drink water with one meal a day as a habit
58. Enter the Nicholl every year
59. Write my own song, music and lyrics
60. Go to a concert
61. Paint my face for a Michigan Football game
62. Write and shoot my own short
63. Get an internship
64. Graduate
65. Send Adam Brody a query about The 4:05
66. Go to L.A.
67. Organize my photos on Snapfish
68. Back up my computer
69. Smash pennies on the train tracks
70. Go to an outdoor film
71. Attend at least one showing at the Ann Arbor Film Festival
72. Find the Times Square kiss purse and buy it
73. Finish reading the books of the New Testament
74. Throw an Oscar party
75. Throw another pirate party
76. See the Wilsons again
77. Have 7 completed feature length screenplays by the end of the 1001 days (including ones already written)
78. Go star gazing
79. Watch the sunrise over the ocean
80. See the Northern Lights
81. Buy a fish as a pet
82. Kiss in the rain
83. Go sailing
84. Have a girls-only picnic
85. Get on a bus/train not knowing where I'm going until I buy the ticket
86. Read the Purpose Driven Life
87. Help out with youth group for a school year
88. Start tithing again
89. Grow out my hair to cut it for Locks of Love again
90. Go Christmas caroling
91. Write another Star Wars story
92. Write fan mail to get at least one celebrity autograph
93. Get my driver's license
94. Visit at least 2 new countries
95. Visit at least 5 new states
96. Visit Sarah at PBA and Lindsay at Cederville
97. Once a season, take a day just to walk around with my camera and take pictures
98. Act in a short film again
99. Write a story on my typewriter (make sure I have tape for it)
100. Get a professional massage
101. Make it to Florida for Holly's wedding

Here is the link to 101 Things in 1001 Days, if anyone is interested. My start date is May 10, 2007 and my end date is February 4, 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've never been to a national park...dios mio...this is worse than the time that you told me that you hadn't watched Forrest Gump. I am not impressed.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I made numbers 25 and 96. I feel special. :)
-Linds