Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gold Dust in my Eyes

This has been a rollercoaster week. Man, if only Monday had started with a "must be this tall to ride" sign and I could have bypassed it.

My school found that they needed another aide, but since our district doesn't have enough money to hire one (listen. Once you prorate an aide's salary for a late February start date, you could pay for it with the superintendent's pocket change.), I spent Monday afternoon in the third grade in what was expected to be a new permanent routine.

Tuesday. Not only am I going to third grade in the afternoon, I'm spending an hour and a half with first grade in the morning. I've been in the first grade class before, and I'm starting to get to know the third graders, so I think I handle the transitions pretty well. Still. Three classrooms. Three grades. Ex-hausting. I think Coworker J might have caught a video on her camera phone of my head spinning. I return to second grade at the end of the day to hear that I'm being kept with the second graders all day in a return to my normal schedule.

Wednesday we had a snowday. Yay! I was very productive. I made macaroni and cheese, taco soup, cheddar and dill scones, hot fudge pudding cake, and Oreo brownies (can life get any better than Oreo brownies?). My family and I also finally finished watching Alias. Yes, by the end of five seasons, I had my entire family watching it with me. I'm a little sad that it's over. I'm a little overwhelmed by how much time I spent watching it (and no, I didn't try to figure it out precisely nor do I want to try). I feel like I learned some stuff though, especially about story development over a series, so it definitely counts as "research" and not just "waste of time."

Today we had another snowday. We believe that this is because they were inclined to give us a delayed opening but we had a 1:00 dismissal anyway, so what's the point of even going to school at all? (Along with that reasoning, we have all of next week off, so why bother going in tomorrow?)

Today I also found out I didn't get the job I was pursuing here in New Jersey. It's ok, since it wasn't a job in my field, but it did have some attractive qualities. It also offered security, and now that I'm thinking about my options, I'm leaning towards a little bit of a riskier direction, delving into the dirt poor life of a film grad sooner than perhaps expected. So if anyone has any films or film related work, I've got this summer free...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[... ] is other interesting source of tips on this issue[...]