Thursday, February 18, 2010

Page Count

NBC just showed a promo for the Olympic ice dancing set to "Bad Romance." I can only hope.

Since I've been chilling down in Florida these past few days (chilling for real. It's COLD down here!), I've spent more time thinking about my projects and trying to work out problems than I have over the past three months. It's very relaxing and not busy down here, and besides the ever present stress of what I'm going to do in four months, my mind's been pretty clear. I got to thinking, how much writing could I get done if that's all I committed to doing for three months for at least 4 hours a day? 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, for about 13 weeks. 260 writing hours.

Wouldn't it be cool if writing this much was as easy as finding this picture?

I thought about how I could pull this off. How to pull it off productively and not just goof off for three months. And then I realized that this will probably never happen. HOWEVER, I can just as effectively ask the same question for the next three months. I'm obviously working and won't be able to dedicate four hours a day to writing. I will be more tired and more distracted. But I'm still interested in seeing how much I can get accomplished in the next three months. I'm still learning how to have a day job and have the energy to write on the side. It's sort of a gimmick, but let's see if it works.

No comments: